Southern Field is hiring! We’re an incredible company made up of amazing individuals, and we’re looking for an Industrial Air Pollution Control Field Service Engineer to join our team. Read about the open position below.
Field Service Engineer (FSE) inspects, identifies and documents deficiencies, and troubleshoots issues with air pollution control (APC) equipment at pulp/paper mills, power production facilities, etc.
The FSE will travel extensively to inspect equipment, create prioritized repair punchlists and relay information to customers and construction crews. Documentation of issues located, repairs completed and future recommendations will be relayed to the customer by way of technical written descriptions, pictures and drawings contained within a final inspection report.
Applicant should be a great self-starter who is willing to endure long hours and harsh work conditions to provide reliability for the equipment and service for the customer.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, to meet customer and contract requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues with electrical and mechanical systems and devise repair plans within the time allotted.
- Work closely on-site with construction crews to prioritize repairs and ensure quality workmanship.
- Quality Control check completed repairs for excellent workmanship
- Develop troubleshooting skills to solve most problems associated with precipitators and their operation.
- Provide basic technical support (while off-site) to customers to assist in repairing issues while unit is running.
Southern Field-EEC is an experienced provider of engineering and construction services for industrial air pollution maintenance and upgrade of industrial air pollution control equipment.
See more about SF-EEC at https://southernfield.com/
Up to 75% travel throughout the year. Schedules are subject to change at any time and emergency travel/visits with short notice may be required. Assignments can range from 1 day to 3+ weeks. Ability to drive and/or fly to various locations across North America.
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, monthly vehicle allowance + mileage, paid cellular phone, laptop, digital camera, etc.
- Experience in industrial setting repairing, maintaining and inspecting various equipment.
- Must be technically oriented with experience in electronics, instrumentation, mechanics and commissioning equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (in person, e-mail and telephone) and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Good technical writing skills and ability to relay information efficiently
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be team-oriented and able to work as part of construction crew ranging in size from 2 to 100 with high expectations from the customer and SF-EEC management.
- Must be able to work/crawl/climb around equipment as needed.
- Ability to work long hours in possibly difficult conditions/extreme environments (heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Valid passport (or the ability to acquire, if needed)
- Basic blueprint reading skills
Other Contributing Skills
- Background in industrial construction, air-flow analysis, AutoCAD (or similar drafting software)
- QC Welding inspection experience
- Industrial electrical background (transformers/rectifiers, electronic controls, instrumentation, etc.)
- Knowledge of the kraft paper making process and/or industrial boiler operation
To apply please send a resume and cover letter with pay requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org